This watermelon cucumber salad recipe is truly easy to make and it’s one of the best watermelon recipes out there. It’s just matter of chopping a few ingredients and throwing them together on a platter. It’s a fantastic accessory for summer cookouts and potlucks. But because it’s so simple, the quality of the ingredients is key. You’ve got to have a super ripe watermelon and high quality feta cheese to make this one taste like 1 million bucks. Here’s what’s in this watermelon cucumber salad:
- 8 cups cubed ripe seedless watermelon (1 8-pound watermelon)
- 2 organic mini cucumbers or ½ English cucumber (1 cup sliced)
- 2 ounces Feta cheese crumbles
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 4 basil leaves
- Sea salt, for garnish
1) Chop the watermelon into cubes. Slice the cucumbers (if using an English cucumber, slice it into half moons). Chop the basil. Zest the lemon.
2) Arrange the watermelon and cucumbers on a platter. Sprinkle with feta crumbles, lemon zest, and sea salt. Taste and adjust flavors as desired. (If you’d like, you can add freshly ground black pepper or a drizzle of olive oil.) Serve immediately. If making ahead, refrigerate the cubed watermelon separately: it releases a lot of water after it is cut. Then assemble the salad directly before serving.